Counter Sales / Backup Warehouseman
Sell of industrial chemicals, power and hand tools, sandpaper, paint and other supplies to customers. Advise customers on tools, hardware, and materials needed, and procedure to follow to complete tasks customer wishes to perform. Informs customer about quality of paints, tools, hardware and equipment, and demonstrates use. Arranges for delivery of products. Stocks shelves, steel rack, counters and tables with merchandise, and maintains showroom displays. Obtains or transfers merchandise requested by customers to and from other locations. Answers customers questions concerning location, price and use of merchandise. Totals price and tax on merchandise purchased by customers using computer and/or calculator. Prepares invoice via Peachtree computer system. Accepts payment and makes change. Wraps or bags merchandise for customers and assists in loading and unloading products.
* Ensure all required paperwork is accurately completed; including coding, costing, pricing, daily cash summary, etc.
* Communicate by phone, computer and in person with customers, sales staff, store managers and others, inquiring about and providing information on cost, ordering and delivery times, etc.
* Establish and maintain good customer relations.
* Maintain neat, clean and professional personal appearance.
* Coordinate with purchasing department any product shortages or outages.
* Ensure all administrative and accounting related procedures are strictly observed.
* Ensure all safety rules are strictly observed.
* Operate forklift and other equipment as required.
* Perform as backup warehouseman during vacations and other periods of personnel shortages or heavy workload..
* Perform general housekeeping duties as required.
* Ability to handle cash transactions accurately.
* Work with Computers including but not lmited to Microsoft Office Programs, E-Mail and the Internet.
* Must meet all physical qualification standards imposed by regulation for warehouseman. Work can be physicaly demanding.
* Excellent communication skills. Bilingual (English/Spanish) Preferred but not required
* Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
* Ability to routinely lift 25 - 50 lbs, prolonged standing, up to 4 hours required. Frequent bending, occasional climbing, kneeling required.
* Ability to read and comprehend materiel safety data sheets.
* Must be able to work occasional overtime, when necessary.
* Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
* High school diploma, or equivalent.
* Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
* Setup and promotion of paint and paint equipment and processes
* Some experience in handling paint products and some experience finishing metals or wood a plus..
* Customer service or sales experience
* Computer skills or some knowledge of computer order entry system.
* Home Depot Paint Department, Shewin Williams, PPG, Benjamin Moore or similar type of paint store experience beneficial
*Experience as an Industrial Painter for cabinets or other finishing also helpful.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.orgOnline Accounting Jobs