PBS is seeking a Billing Specialist. Under the direct supervision of the Clinical Director this position provides administrative and billing support for PBS management. The position bills insurance companies for physician bills. Pursues collection of all claims till payment is made by insurance companies. Performs other work associated with the billing process. This opportunity will start as a part-time role but has the potential to turn into a full time role if the workload permits.
Primary Job Responsibilities
• Prepares and submits claims to third party insurance carriers either electronically or by hard copy billing.
• Secures needed medical documentation required or requested by third party insurances.
• Follows-up with third party insurance carriers on unpaid claims till claims are paid or only self pay balance remains.
• Processes rejections by either making accounts private and generating a letter of rejection to patient or correct any billing error and resubmitting claims to third party insurance carriers.
• Works with physician or medical record staff to ensure that correct diagnosis/procedures are reported to third party insurance carriers.
• Demonstrates knowledge of, and supports, hospital mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
• Maintains third party billing logs.
• Performs other duties as required.
Successful completion of high school or commercial coursework including math, bookkeeping and business. Post high school courses in insurance billing, data processing and medical terminology preferred. Courses in insurance billing, data processing and medical terminology preferred.
Training and Experience:
Three year prior experience in billing of third party insurances for facility and professional services required. Must be able to type 40 wpm and experience working with Availity.
Must be able to bill third party insurance for facility and professional claims by hard copy and electronically. Must have knowledge of third party billing requirements. Must show maturity in dealing with fellow employees. Good verbal and written communication skills are essential.
Compensation & Benefits:
Pay is based on education & experience
Potential for advancement & raises at quarterly evaluations
Health insurance is available after probationary period
To express interest, please provide your resume and salary requirements in a Microsoft Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org
Email your resume to email@example.comOnline Accounting Jobs